Welcome to a society for free software advocates, supporting the ethical cause of computer user freedom!
When you donate to the FSF as an associate member, you support the essential freedoms for all computer users, with a sustaining contribution. Associate membership is $120 annually (or $10 per month). For students, the rate is just $60 (or $5 per month).
Over 80% of our funding comes from individuals — your contribution matters! Join with over 4,800 active members in 86 countries, and all 50 US states representing a diverse membership of computer users, artists, software engineers, hackers, students, and activists.
Why become an associate member?
When you donate as an associate member, you are part of an informed society working together to make a better world: respectful of individual freedom, social solidarity, personal privacy, and democracy — built on free software.
Benefits of your membership level donation include:
- USB Membership card loaded with GNU/Linux
- 5% off free software-friendly devices from ThinkPenguin
- Five member.fsf.org email aliases for forwarding
- 20% discount on all items in the FSF shop
- The biannual FSF Bulletin delivered to your home
- A member.fsf.org XMPP Jabber account for instant messaging
- Access to our exclusive members forum
- Access to freedom-respecting videoconferencing via our Jitsi Meet instance
Plus you support our work on the GNU Project and campaigns for free software adoption and development.
The Free Software Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, so your member donation is tax-deductible in the US.